7.26.2003

When Even The Cat is Not Welcome Here

Yes, my friend. Things haven't changed, and the relapse of Cassie into her pre-Chateau days has forced me to reevaluate my standings, with roomates and with friends.

Its funny -- not funny-ha-ha -- how things transform and morph, out of expectations and out of fear. Relationships, mostly. For the longest time, I resisted the change of my friends who were paired up in serious relationships. Now, however, I'm seeing the other end of the tunnel: the things that I have so fervently scrutinized are now becoming a prevalent notion. Or, I'm afraid I'm becoming 'the girl with the boyfriend.' And we ALL know how much I don't like that.
But -- and here's the revelation -- in all the chaos that spending nearly 24/7 with someone brings, I have seen what incredible value my friends hold in my life; the dearness to which I hold their words, deeds, and advice is buried deep within my heart, and I look to those things constantly.
Coming from a family of mediocre ties, I consider my friends to be just as tight as blood kin. Sometimes more, in certain aspects. And these ties are foundational -- its really my own Greek Family....
So, in all these things, whether in one or all fifty pictures, they are close to my heart.

PS: Natalie, did you know you sent me a link to post on your blog?

No comments: