3.26.2004

No more tunes

My car was broken into last night. JOY! The person took my entire glove box out of my car, which had a 6-disk cd changer in it. I didn't even know this kind of removal was possible. My wallet was also stolen from the car along with about 15 cd's. I know, I know, NEVER leave your wallet in the car! This is why. I think I'm most bummed about the cd's.
Jason and I were cleaning the apartment early this afternoon when I recieved a phone call. Ms. Wilson?
Yes?
This is USBank's fraud department. Have you used your debit card today?
NO.
Well, can you see if you have the card in your posession because it's been swiped a few times this morning.
Where's my wallet? In the car! Jason, go check the car.

minutes pass

Uh, yeah, my wallet's been stolen.
Okay, well the suspect spent $169 this morning but it won't be taken out of your account.
Super, thanks.

So, I then call and cancel my credit card and sure enough, the bozo tried to use it in an ATM to get $200, but my credit card isn't set up for the atm, so it was denied when he tried to use it two other times. Then I called all of the credit bureaus to put a fraud alert on my account because this person now has my social security card and could apply for a credit card in my name. I know, never keep your social security card in your wallet! We filed a police report and the bozo left a plyers in my car, so an officer came by to get prints. We'll see if they find him. (I'm assuming it's a him.)
So, my car is now going to be tuneless. I haven't tried the radio yet to see if it still works.
I still have that migraine, only now it's switched to the right side of my face instead of the left. I thought it was very considerate of mister migraine to give the left side of my face a break.

Crime sucks, what can I say. Nothing I can do about it now. The good thing is that I had my driver's lisence in a pant pocket so he didn't get that. I wouldn't care about him having it other than it took me three hours at the DMV to get that thing and I just don't feel like going back there any time soon! I do have to go get a new social security card, but that doesn't take that long.

So, there's my adventure today. Sarah's boyfriend's car broke down on the way to St. Louis so they're not coming until tomorrow now. Not a good day for cars people, not a good day. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

But, my apartment is really, really clean. So there, it was a good day.

No comments: