8.09.2004

Random Details

Yesterday driving home to Nashville from St. Louis, I decided to listen to an artist from every letter of the alphabet on my ipod. It went something like this:

Avril Lavigne (guilty pleasure)
Butterfly Boucher (she opened up for Sarah Mclachlan and is fabulous, buy her album)
Coldplay
Death Cab For Cutie
Everclear
The Flaming Lips
Garbage
Harry Connick Jr.
Interpol
Justin Timberlake
Kent
Lauren Hill
Miles Davis
Nick Drake
Ours
Patti Griffin
Queens of the Stoneage
Radiohead
Sarah McLachlan
Thursday
The Used
Venus Humm
Weezer
And You will know us by the trail of the dead

I don't have any bands in my ipod that start with x or z. Does anyone know of any good bands that start with these letters?

So, my brother Chris and I tried out for American Idol this past weekend in St. Louis. We camped out next to the dome on Friday night and ended up pretty close to the front of the line. We were the second group to be auditioned on Sunday. Unfortunately, we were not what they are looking for, but it was a once in a lifetime experience, and I just had to give it a try. It's the easiest record deal in the world. Oh well, guess I have to do it the hard way.

There's a little girl who lives across the street from the house I nanny at. Her name is Caroline and she is 4 years old. I would just like to share that not once this entire summer have I seen her in a normal outfit. Today she came over in an ice skating leotard and tights. She has also come over before in gogo boots and a mini skirt, a snow white costume, a flower costume, a wedding dress, and a myriad of other interesting and creative outfit concoctions. It makes me laugh every time she comes over in something new. I think she's going to be cool when she grows up.

Monday night football tonight. The season is nearly upon us. Oh yeah baby. I love it.

Go Cardinals, we're going to the World Series, I've got a feeling.

Maggie is turning four tomorrow. Party time.

No comments: