7.14.2005

I'm tired.

Jason and I have been asked to consider taking on Eagle's Nest as a full-time, year round project. There are dreams of permanent facilities and having a capacity for 3 times the number of kids we have now. When I came here for this job I hoped that this opportunity would arise. Now that it has, for some reason, I'm not jumping at this chance. What does that mean? It's a great opportunity, Jason and I will continue working together, it involves things I can get excited about and am good at. What's the hang up? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Field trip day! We're going to the fire department this morning and we get to escape from a safety trailer filled with fake smoke. Then we're going to a pool with big slides and a lazy river. Hiyo!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Keep an open mind and open heart about the opportunities arising. Remember what someone revealed to you before departing for Colorado. You and your ministry mate have been discovered. You are well-sought after for a reason. It may not have been the "discovery" you were hoping for but it's the one God has planned. Seminary will always be there, if God wills it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Lord our God almight works in mysterious ways and while you, in your selfishness, may not wish to respond to His glorious calling you can take assurance in His everlasting love that glorifies all of creation so that beautiful seminarians about in numbers that fill the world with beauty and His might forever more shall be upon you in His delightful name that we shall take to the house of the Lord and deal with it as it fills His Temple. Amen. Yaweh.

Natalie said...

Jackson, I just don't get you

Anonymous said...

Sounds familiar. Same old Natalie. She "just doesn't get me." You haven't changed since middle school.

Natalie said...

So you've known me since middle school? Did you go to Grace Christian School, or just to the church? I really wish I knew who you were. I'm sorry if I've done something to hurt you, you sound pretty bitter and angry towards me. Please let me know how I can make peace.