3.06.2004

A Nashville bar at 2am

Last night our friend Nate from Eagle Lake rolled into town about midnight on his way to Florida with some friends. Nate taught English in Korea for the last year and now he's back just cruising around the country visiting friends and having fun. You gotta love that. After taking him to a reataurant with a great half-price menu after midnight, we wandered aroudn the streets of down town. We laughed at the many drunks stumbling out of the bars that had closed at 2am and talked about how Nashville is called the Athens of the South and we have no idea why. Walking along the riverside we came across a bar that was still pumping out the tunes from a live band. We decided to venture in and enjoyed the two last songs of a classic country-rock band. The smoky bar was pretty small and had a balcony above the main floor. We pushed our way through the drunken fans and enjoyed watching them dance below us, and even outside on the street! We made our way back to our apartment at about 3am and popped in Lost in Translation. We love that movie and Nate just had to see it since he'd spent some time in Tokyo himself. We finally called it a night at about 5am, and Nate's entourage was leaving at 8am. Didn't get much sleep last night...Today is absolutely beautiful and we plan to take Sophie to the park. I really enjoy these lazy days and hope that when we both do have real jobs, we can still have many times like these.
seeing an old friend makes me miss all the others that are also now so far away. But, I have a brightly glimmering hope. Chris and Carissa are getting married next weekend and I get to see everyone! Yeah! And I get to see my dear friend and former roommate Megan Crowley's new engagement ring-finally! I've never been more happy for someone who got engaged. The only person I was happier for was me!
Sophie just puked on the carpet...twice. I've gotta go.

No comments: