4.21.2004

Its been a while

Time slips by so quickly and quietly at times. I feel like I've had to have missed a few days or something for it to already be April 21st. I just saw part two of Kill Bill and it was fabulous- if you don't mind some gory revenge. For some reason I find great movies such as this one, even with its violence, inspiring. I understand movies. I can usually tell where they're going next and the thought behind the plot. I find myself getting so involved usually that it takes me at least an hour to shake the characteristics of the main character from seeping into my own state of mind and point of view. I get so lost in the movie that if I don't pay close attention to reality, the plot takes over. It's fun to get so swept up, and I've always joked that I'm very easily entertained.
I wish finding a profession- a vocation, a purpose in life- came as easily as getting swept up in the plot and main character of a great movie; or at least just going for what you know is your purpose without fear, hesitation, and the distraction of other important dreams that it's not time for yet.
Life is steadily trucking along. I'm subbing every day. There's only one month of school left and what the summer holds is still unknown. I may be a nanny, if anyone will have me. I think it would be good to spend my summer with a couple kids to remind myself why it's not time for us to have them yet! We have our first show booked: May 14th at the Cherry Street Artisan in Columbia, MO. We're excited and putting our songs together into what will hopefully be an enjoyable, thought provoking, and maybe even slightly new yet wonderfully different musical experience. One can dream anyway. My first priority is playing and singing at the same time without making a blubbering fool of myself. I can sing and play with perfection in my apartment, but what will I do when I face my first real crowd with our original stuff? I'd like to believe I'll hold it together and thrive on the excitement like none other that comes through playing and singing to a crowd from my heart. With many prayers in my heart I will take the stage in the first show of what we hope will be many, many to come. May 14th! Until then, practice makes perfect.
Jason is valet parking now and I'm thrilled to have a second income to my fabulous substitute teaching gig. It's not that subbing doesn't bring in the big bucks, I mean come on of course it does! It's just that it will be nice to have that fabulous "cushion". I'm so full of it. Okay, I need to go to bed. Chow

No comments: