2.01.2005

A New Month

February First and I am delighted. I just hate January. I associate it with cold dreary days that get dark before 5pm. February goes by much faster and promises of spring the next month. I'm sure this is mental, but I feel relieved for February.

I'm going to try something new with this blog. I am guaranteeing a post on the 1st and 15th of each month. I would like you blog readers of mine to keep me accountable to this. I want to post more and I think having at least two days a month I must blog will be good. And so, I am posting today. I thought of this 1st and 15th of the month thing while I was running this afternoon. I'm not sure why, but the ideas I have while I'm running are usually pretty good so what the heck eh?

Let me tell you why I hate vacuuming. I love the results of vacuuming because my black hardwood floors are no longer covered with white pet hair, but the process annoys me. The vacuum comes equipped with a long cord. This cord I suppose is meant to be a convenience. The cord allows you to clean the living room, and maybe even stretches all the way into the bedroom, without having to plug into a closer outlet. Convenient. Here's the annoying part. I always attempt to estimate how much cord I need so I won't have extra cord all over the place to trip over and run over repeatedly with the vacuum. My mother told me as a child that if you run over the vacuum cord while the vacuum is running you may be electrocuted. It's a wonder I'm alive. That damn cord is always under me somehow. It has a mind of its own and it is devious. So, I try not to have extra cord. Well then, while attempting to vacuum in the bedroom, the plug is pulled out because I didn't release enough cord to reach the areas I'm trying to vacuum (to avoid the tripping and possible death). Now I must go to the outlet and plug the cord back in. Of course I did not turn the vacuum button onto "off" before plugging the vacuum back in and now I am at risk of being electrocuted again because you should never plug in something electricity will flow to immediately. So, now I've plugged in the cord and again I have narrowly escaped electrocution. Now I am forced to release the entire vacuum cord so I won't have to re-plug the thing in again and thus I am tripping and running over the cord and further risking electrocution. It's a game I play with the cord every time I vacuum and on days like today it just pisses me off. I think I'm probably the only one with this issue, and that's okay. It's just fun to share.

2 comments:

Erica said...

In our new house, I found an outlet that allows me to vaccuum throughout the house, both floors, without once unplugging it. I consider this a momentous feat. Just mind the cord draped across the staircase. We wouldn't want anyone clotheslining themselves - that'd mean I'd have to walk all the way upstairs again to plug the thing back in.

Myndi said...

Thanks for the note on my page! It was great to talk to you the other night too! I like this idea of posting on the 1st and 15th of every month, I will hold you to it!
Anyway, sending my love this Wednesday afternoon!