5.24.2008

I am not a neat freak. Deal with it (self)

I'm happy to announce I've been feeling more like myself. I've been productive, hence blogging three times in one week. I'm figuring out what makes me feel motivated and what hinders it. I'm realizing I have to work with how I'm wired instead of telling myself the kind of person I should be. It's exhausting trying to be someone you're not.

For example. I am not a neat freak. I thought I was. I'm not. I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to keep my house clean and in order thinking that I needed it to be that way. I've realized, I appreciate a clean house as much as the next gal, but it actually wears me out trying to keep it perfect. If I was a true neat freak I would be energized by keeping it perfect. So, instead of hyper-home organization, I'm keeping loose home organization and I feel a lot better.

I suppose this is what you do in your twenties. You separate the person your parents taught you to be from the person you really are. Deep.

No comments: